Wednesday, December 31, 2014

BECAUSE YOU APPLAUD ME



BECAUSE YOU APPLAUD ME


Because you applaud me, I cannot
speak to you. Because you would applaud
me I cannot tell you a thing, not a single thing.
Because you are so ready to applaud me, my tongue
sticks to the roof of my mouth as if it were wet flour
that makes dough on my palate. Because you are
so bent on applauding me I am struck dumb. I am
quite silenced by your too loud applause, because of
your will to clap every true message away, the prophecy
that I would bring, that would become another mere talent act,
is untold, unheard, unsaid, and the gut-wrenching declamation
that I would to decry, is deflated by your suffocating applause,
by the squeezed airway of your applause, the divined message
pricked down by that gregariously crowded applause, and, so
because of your self-willed negating applause, I have nothing
but thoughtless bubbles to say to you.


WDK @ November 19, 2014


Image: 'North Korean conscripts voluntarily applaud their Great Leader.'

No comments: