Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tempest at Trinity Falls

[At the Coliban Falls, The Fall, and the fall at the foot of the cross ]

Open Up!
Oh jaws of rock,
my bones; pour me,
gouge me out like water.

Fall water!
Fall out of the author of glory
Let this Coliban be gravity's tears
Welling upon the backwoods
pool of myself.
Shit Prospero!
I too read it all, fact and data, I
scoured prose's tempest for the Word in vain,
kidding myself that these books
of Legion's pages were all of me.

- The Whirlpool sucking -

I damned near plucked
the store of the vortex
and went down text
into double death.

I repent like a waterfall,
to God I need, I repent.

Shape me, unplug me,
well on oh living tears,
mar this narcissus image with splashes,
by ripples drip through me,
flood the pent up dam of me,
make me the spillway
for a bigger catchment.

Surge in,
let no backwaters still,
find no waterhole to stagnate,
no murk to be becalmed
for a romance of coward peace
where mirror vision under-looks
in roseglasses of eyed daffodil
to colourwash the golden age
in postcard re-floristations
against the Wordfire gates
of Eden in fruity blossom
where little i would grow ,
vegetate, shadowy,
worted with seedy leaves,
lost to light.

Dross my clay, I'm in
your hands,
You: Who Am Who Am
pray shape out
of my muddied puddle,
spring out,
let your overflow break out
in me,
let the gates
of my dammed soul
free to being,
being clear me,
in the river of your Being
[so far above,
in bottomless,
to smallwater me
in which my vessel
celebrates invigoration].

Kneeling
at the hearth and altar of El.
At the footstool
of hammer torn cliffs
Nailed
by grace in sin's new purity
Refreshed, restored,
baptised in aquatic wings,
forgiven in
the stream of living water.

Yes master, Yes.
Jesus Christ my transfiguring king
Integrate me upstream, stir
me a clarity, settle
my selfdelusion, saturate
self absorption, shift
selfsatisfaction and rush
selfdoubt
so downstream will swell
its becoming
and I be clear and streaming.
At One.
Sprung.
A pool of electric water
where schools of desire-fish swim,
bright stars
right to the rock bottom
of me
as You make me.


Trentham Falls, Victoria. August 1992 Wayne David Knoll

No comments: